Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sugar Free Sugar Cookies

NO, these are not 100% clean. BUT they are sugar free and a whole lot better for you than the traditional sugar cookies that have over a cup of sugar. I found the recipe on Dashing Dish, she has lots of healthier alternatives for sweet treats that you dont have to feel horrible about. My kids LOVE these and i love knowing that I made them and that they are way healthier than buying packaged cookies at the grocery store.

I used REAL unsalted stick butter. I would much rather use real butter from cows than fake processed crap made from chemicals.

1/4 cup butter - softened
1/4 cup truvia or stevia
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt

Mix the wet ingredients and dry ingredients separate. Slowly add the dry to the wet. Flour your counter top and roll out the dough. Mine made about 18 mini cookies :) Bake @350 for about 8-10min.
**If your dough is too soft after mixing, place it in the freezer for a few minutes until its easier to work with**

I will continue to experiment with this recipe to make them even better for you (minus butter) and better tasting. My kids love them the way they are but im determined to make the perfect cookie! 





No comments:

Post a Comment